INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
We help you pursue your unique financial goals with our investment management services. We start with a thorough discovery process to find out your goals, attitude toward risk, and how your investments fit into your overall financial picture. Once we’ve determined the strategy that best suits your needs, we get your money working for you!
Through our active management we make changes on your behalf, as well as adjust our portfolios based on overall economic events and indicators. Our ongoing investment management includes periodic reviews with you to make sure your strategy continues to follow the path to your goals and make updates accordingly to stay on track. All of our investment strategies go through our values based screening process to invest in companies that are making a positive change in our society and avoiding those involved in known unethical activities. Not all investments and investment platforms can be screened, but we strive to do the best we can given the available investment options.
These 7 investment principles are based on wisdom, years of experience and scriptural principles found in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and 11:2
1) Never allow emotions, feelings, social media, or professional doomsayers with ulterior motives dictate how to manage portfolios.
2) Consistently monitor and actively manage using a forward looking approach and learn from history and past lessons.
3) Invest in companies with:
- Pro family values
- Produces things we all need: food, clothing, shelter, technology, healthcare, transportation, etc.
- Treats their employees well with fair pay, good health insurance benefits, a retirement plan, and time off for family
- Provides a safe working environment for their employees
- Has good employee training programs
- Compassionate towards their employees’ needs
- Care about the environment and God’s creation
4) Avoid companies that:
- Support destructive behaviors and lifestyles
- Make money on gambling, tobacco, alcohol, pornography, and abortion
- Support organizations like Planned Parenthood that take away human lives in their most vulnerable state
- Supports the LGBTQ agenda and liberal causes
5) Once companies make it through the values screening process, analyze:
- Income Statements: Revenue (TTM), Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth), EPS Diluted, EPS Growth, Net Income
- Profitability: Gross Profit Margin, Profit Margin, Dividend Yield
- Price and Valuation: Market Cap: 52 Week High (Daily), 52 Week Low (Daily), PE Ratio, Price to Book Value, Debt to Equity Ratio, Free Cash Flow (Quarterly), Return on Equity
- Top Analyst Consensus Recommendations: Buy/Outperform/Hold/Underperform/Sell/Consensus Recommendations with Ratings, Price Target and Upside Potential
6) Diversify among Large, Mid, and Small sized companies across Value, Growth, and Blend style boxes as well as by different sectors and countries.
7) Utilize an investment strategy for each individual client’s short and long term needs and goals. Examples include: income for retirement, emergency needs, college costs, etc. Then diversify their investment dollars across our actively managed portfolios to correspond with their goals and needs (listed):
- Ultra Conservative – Immediate and short-term needs, time horizon of 1-3 years. Fixed-income positions only focused on generating interest, with no exposure to the stock markets.
- Conservative – Intermediate needs, time horizon of 3-5 years. Interest-focused, with some growth potential but never more than 20% in the stock markets.
- Moderate – Intermediate to long-term needs. 5-8 year time horizon. An equal emphasis on income and growth, weighted more or less in the stock markets and fixed income depending on where we feel the economy is heading.
- Growth – Long-term time horizon, 8-10 years, up to 80% in the stock market with the remainder in fixed income, also under or overweight depending on where we feel the economy is heading.
- Aggressive – Very long-term time horizon, 10 years plus. Up to 98% in the stock markets. High tolerance for risk and volatility.
As a Fiduciary Based Asset manager, we aim to never be out of touch with where the markets are headed in order to make the small, necessary adjustments as needed for all portfolios we actively manage.
OTHER ACCOUNT AND INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Brokerage accounts through Schwab
Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, and Exchange Traded Funds
IRAs – Traditional, Roth, SEP, SIMPLE
401(k) Retirement Rollovers
Turnkey 401(k) Company Retirement Plans
403(b) Retirement Plans for teachers, clergy and other non-profit organizations
CDs – Certificates of Deposit
Defined Benefit Plans for business owners
Educational 529 Plans and Coverdell Education IRAs
* Guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Schedule an initial appointment today.
Learn more about Christian Financial Advisors® and how to get started.
What We Do
With our ongoing Biblically responsible investment management and financial planning processes, we stay by your side through the years to help you wisely pursue your financial goals, one step at a time. As life happens, we help you make the necessary adjustments to stay on track. We believe financial planning and investment management is a journey, not a destination.