2017 tax document information
2017 tax document information

As we approach tax season, below is important information regarding the documents related to investment accounts with our firm.


For IRA and retirement account distributions done in the previous year, the 1099-R forms should be mailed out and available by January 31st each year.

Please be aware that most taxable account 1099s and consolidated tax forms for brokerage and managed accounts may not be mailed out by the end of January. These types of accounts, because of their complexity of reporting, take a couple of extra weeks to be mailed out. Typically, they are available by the middle of February.

Copies of tax documents may be found online for several of our investment partners if you have signed up for online access and/or paperless statements. You will need to register directly with these companies to access this information if you have not already done so.

Time Saving Tip: If you have an account with Schwab and use a tax program such as Turbo Tax, you may be able to download your tax information directly from Schwab. The User ID will be your account number, and the password will be the Document ID number located at the top of the consolidated tax statement you receive. This will save you time so you will not have to manually enter transactions and information.

Please contact us if you would like to register for online access to statements or need assistance.
Please be reminded that all 1099 forms MUST be reported on your taxes, even if the activity noted was not a taxable event or you did not withdraw funds.


K-1 forms for Limited Partnership investments such as oil & gas programs and equipment leasing programs are typically not sent out until mid-March or later. If you received a K-1 form for an investment in a retirement type account, the custodian will typically report this for you, if necessary.

Cost Basis:

Going forward, the majority of cost basis information will be reported on your 1099 consolidated tax statement. Additional cost basis reports or information for those that need them can be accessed online, or you can contact our office for assistance by calling (830) 609-6986 or by email at in**@ci*******.com.

Please be reminded that Christian Financial Advisors® does not give tax advice. Please consult with your CPA or Tax Advisor


  • Investing With Your Values
  • Rachael Update
  • 2017 tax document information
  • Dollar Cost Averaging
  • tax updates and information