As you know, the security of client data is our top priority. And as part of our commitment to ensuring information is protected in today’s changing security landscape, we’re planning to make a few gradual changes to our clients’ Personal Financial Websites over time.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Connections on Personal Financial Websites currently aggregate data in two ways – either via APIs or a method known as “screen scraping.”
- Our industry has identified that API-based aggregation is the most effective and secure because it gives our clients greater control of their financial account data.
- Though our technology safely screen scrapes information today, we plan to fully transition to API-based aggregation in the future.
- Users will likely eventually be required to allow their Personal Financial Website to access their data directly from their financial institution, rather than sharing log-in credentials.
- This transition means no more broken Connections, ultimately enhancing our clients’ experience!
Check out our Guide to Data Aggregation for more information.
While nothing is changing immediately, we wanted to make sure you were aware in advance to ensure you’re prepared to make a few small changes in the future.
More to come on this in the coming months. Give us a call if you have any questions in the meantime 830-609-6986.