OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christian Financial Advisors abides by five main principles which allow us to serve our clients with the utmost care along with seven investment management principles governing our investment procedures.
We are accountable to God, our clients and our industry’s standards.
As a fiduciary, we act in our clients’ best interest.
Excellence in everything we do for our clients is our top priority.
We have had roots in our community since 1993 and are committed to serving our clients for many years to come.
We believe in the 10 Commandments, that we should love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and love our neighbor (clients) as ourselves.
These 7 investment principles are based on wisdom, years of experience and scriptural principles found in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and 11:2
1) Never allow emotions, feelings, social media, or professional doomsayers with ulterior motives dictate how to manage portfolios.
2) Consistently monitor and actively manage using a forward looking approach and learn from history and past lessons.
3) Invest in companies with:
- Pro family values
- Produces things we all need: food, clothing, shelter, technology, healthcare, transportation, etc.
- Treats their employees well with fair pay, good health insurance benefits, a retirement plan, and time off for family
- Provides a safe working environment for their employees
- Has good employee training programs
- Compassionate towards their employees’ needs
- Care about the environment and God’s creation
4) Avoid companies that:
- Support destructive behaviors and lifestyles
- Make money on gambling, tobacco, alcohol, pornography, and abortion
- Support organizations like Planned Parenthood that take away human lives in their most vulnerable state
- Supports the LGBTQ agenda and liberal causes
5) Once companies make it through the values screening process, analyze:
- Income Statements: Revenue (TTM), Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth), EPS Diluted, EPS Growth, Net Income
- Profitability: Gross Profit Margin, Profit Margin, Dividend Yield
- Price and Valuation: Market Cap: 52 Week High (Daily), 52 Week Low (Daily), PE Ratio, Price to Book Value, Debt to Equity Ratio, Free Cash Flow (Quarterly), Return on Equity
- Top Analyst Consensus Recommendations: Buy/Outperform/Hold/Underperform/Sell/Consensus Recommendations with Ratings, Price Target and Upside Potential
6) Diversify among Large, Mid, and Small sized companies across Value, Growth, and Blend style boxes as well as by different sectors and countries.
7) Utilize an investment strategy for each individual client’s short and long term needs and goals. Examples include: income for retirement, emergency needs, college costs, etc. Then diversify their investment dollars across our actively managed portfolios to correspond with their goals and needs (listed):
- Ultra Conservative – Immediate and short term needs, time horizon of 1-3 years. Fixed income, low interest focused, no growth potential.
- Conservative – Intermediate needs, time horizon of 3-5 years. Interest focused, some growth potential but never more than 20% in the stock markets.
- Moderate – Intermediate to long term needs. 5-8 year time horizon. An equal emphasis on income and growth, weighted more or less in the stock markets and fixed income depending on where we feel the economy is heading.
- Growth – Long term time horizon, 8-10 years, up to 80% in the stock market with the remainder in fixed income, also under or overweight depending on where we feel the economy is heading.
- Aggressive – Very long term time horizon, 10 years plus. Up to 98% in the stock markets. High tolerance for risk and volatility.
As a Fiduciary Based Asset manager, we aim to never be out of touch with where the markets are headed in order to make the small, necessary adjustments as needed for all portfolios we actively manage.
Schedule an Appointment
FINANCIAL ADVISORY SOLUTIONS
We act as your guide helping you make wise financial decisions throughout life. We offer multiple feebased financial advisory solutions to fit your needs and specific situation.
We incorporate wisdom, stewardship, and Christian values into every aspect of our financial planning, advisory, and investment management processes. We believe that wisdom and values are key components of a successful financial plan.
We believe that our clients’ needs and welfare come first. We are proud to say that we are a fiduciary based firm, meaning that we act as a trusted financial advocate for you. We exist to serve you, not the other way around.